Our website does not automatically gather any personal information from you, such as your name, phone number, or e-mail address. This information is only obtained if you provide it voluntarily, through contacting us via e-mail, by telephone, messaging service (WhatsApp, Skype, etc) or through an online form. Any personal information you provide is managed according to the laws of British Columbia, except for EU citizens whose information we manage according to the European GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation). Where applicable, please be sure to read the British Columbia privacy policies and the GPDR policies.
Nautilus Liveaboards logs http requests to our servers. These logs capture computer information, navigation and clickstream data. Some of the information collected does not identify who you are. Other information, such as your domain name or IP address, may identify you depending on the naming standards followed by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). You may wish to ask your ISP about their polices and practices.
While we make no attempt to link the information captured to the identity of individuals, the information captured does identify the following:
1. The Internet domain and IP address from which you access our web site;
2. The type of browser and operating system used to access our site;
3. Screen resolution of your monitor;
4. The date and time you access our site;
5. The pages you visit; and
6. If you linked to the Nautilus Liveaboards web site from another web site, the address of that web site.
This information is used to help us make our site more useful to our audiences by learning about the number of visitors to our site, and by monitoring traffic patterns and the types of technology our visitors use. We do not track or record information about specific individuals and their visits. Visitor information is not disclosed to anyone except Nautilus Liveaboards personnel who need the information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to a request.
For site security purposes, Nautilus Liveaboards employs software programs to monitor network traffic that identifies unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits.
When we receive your personal information from you directly, we store it securely on our servers located in Canada and onboard our vessels located in Mexico. All data transfer between our servers and offices is done securely using encrypted connections and Virtual Private Networks (VPN).
Privacy and Links to Other Sites
Information Collected in E-mails and Web Forms
If you should choose to provide us with personal information – as in an e-mail or by filling out a form and submitting it to us through our website – we will use that information to respond to your message and to help us get the information you have requested. If you create a booking or make a purchase through our websites, we will use your information to provide you with the product(s) or travel services selected.
Nautilus Liveaboards does not collect personal information for commercial marketing or distribution to any other organizations. Messages sent via the Internet can be intercepted. If you are concerned about sending your personal information to us via the Internet, you can use another method such as fax or regular mail.
The personal information we collect about you is given by you directly, by a tour organizer, or by someone for whom you are an emergency contact or next of kin. This information may include:
1. Basic information like name, email, phone number, and other contact details;
2. Address, travel, health, medical, allergy, diving, personal preferences, and transaction details as they pertain to your traveling with us;
3. Notes, message history, information, discussions, feedback, and surveys regarding your booking, reservation, or purchase;
4. Job applications, CV, cover letters, references, interview notes, and/or employment records as they pertain to your employment with us;
5. Shipping and/or billing information.
Where Information Enters a System of Records
Where personal information is provided that enters a system of records, it is collected in compliance with applicable British Columbia law and the GDPR. Nautilus Liveaboards collects, creates and maintains information for the purposes of promoting its products and travel services and for education and newsletters directly related to its products and travel services. Information collected is only kept for the length of time necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected. Some historical data is kept on file so that we may better serve your needs if you are a repeat traveller with us.
How we use your information
We use your information to provide services and/or products that you have requested, specifically to:
1. Send you newsletters and/or information if you signed up to our mailing list or requested information;
2. Manage care of your personal, medical, dietary, diving, travel arrangements, and emergency needs while you travel with us;
3. Provide loyalty service to repeat customers;
4. Ship or mail you marketing materials or purchased goods at your request; or
5. Comply with the law, including requests by government, court of law, or law enforcement authorities in relation to illegal, criminal, or fraudulent activity.
Who may receive your information
Nautilus Liveaboards is required by law to submit passenger and crew manifests of every trip to the Mexican Authorities. We may also be required to share your information with service providers that we work with who are in turn required to submit their own passenger manifests, i.e.: the charter bus company that provides transfers between San Diego, USA and Ensenada, Mexico.
We will only disclose this personal information if required to do so by law, regulation, or legal process, OR if we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect the personal safety of Nautilus Liveaboards employees, users of Nautilus Liveaboards services, members of the public, or if you are unable to provide consent due to medical or emergency situations.
Your privacy choices
We use your personal data to provide you with a service, product, or information at your request, and always with your explicit consent.
If you would like a copy of your personal data on file, please use our Personal Data Request form, call our office, or email us to request that data. We will require some personal information to verify your identity to comply with your request.
If you choose to revoke consent for your personal data, we may be unable to provide you with some or all of our travel services and products where that data is required by government authorities or as described above. We will require some personal information from you to verify your identity before we can remove your personal information from our systems.
You can unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any of our newsletters.
We do not sell your information to third parties. We may collect some personal information from third parties either directly or indirectly:
1. We may collect personal and/or contact details from a third party – such as Facebook, Twitter, Skype, WhatsApp, Instagram, or other Social Media – if you contact us, “like”, or “favorite” us using a third party service. The information obtained from this third party is controlled by that third party, or your settings within that third party service.
2. We use Google analytics to track usage of our website in a manner that does not provide personally identifiable information. This is used to track website usage patterns, problems, and track effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
Getting More Information
For questions or comments regarding this policy or your personal data, contact us by telephone at +1-604-241-1918 or email our office at email@example.com