Boat Operations Administrative Assistant
Richmond, British Columbia, Canada
Nautilus is a long established eco-tourism operator of 38 years specializing in diving and adventures with great white sharks, giant manta rays, dolphins, humpback and grey whales and much more around Baja California, Mexico. While our boat operations are shut down during the covid19 crisis, we have not laid any staff off and are continuing to work on new business development.
We are looking for a self-starter, Administrative Assistant in our Operations department. You are a multi-tasker, flexible and you can easily adapt to any situation. In this role you will wear a number of different hats. This job is anything but boring! You aren’t afraid to roll-up your sleeves and get the job done! If you like variety and love that your day flies by then this is the job for you! Being the central “go to” person you will have to be detail oriented, a fast learner and very well organized.
- Assisting the Marketing department with coordinating tradeshows, promotions and special events
- Maintain filing system and assist Boat Operations and sales with admin support and backup
- Provide general admin support, copying, collating, answering telephone calls, arranging travel etc.
- Support the President of the company as required with various administrative tasks
- Excellent Computer skills (Word, Excel Outlook etc.)
- Efficient time management for yourself and others
- Be able to think outside the box to meet expectations
- Detail oriented and focused
- Must be proactive and able to multi-task various needs and deadlines
- Strong written and oral communications
Nautilus operates long range charter dive vessels from bases in Cabo San Lucas and Ensenada, Mexico. We are a world leader in the dive industry and have been running dive trips for over 25 years. The company has been in business since 1984. This position is based out of our head office in Richmond, BC (No. 5 Road and Steveston Highway). www.nautilusliveaboards.com
While our company is fast paced, and duties are varied, including dealing with the odd crisis, we always strive for a calm, professional and a business-like atmosphere. This is a fast paced environment. And has good growth potential for the right person.
Diving or boating enthusiasts will have an upper hand as candidates. Integrity and truth are core to our company’s principles.
Every one of the 100 employees in our company is responsible for helping with sales and that doesn’t scare you in the least. The ideal candidate will have a customer service background. You understand and will buy in to the cornerstones of our company; (a) safety (b) excellence in guest experience (c) happy ships, happy staff. happy clients.
Salary is negotiable depending on experience.
This is a full-time position.
References from your previous 3 employers will be required
We maintain zero tolerance for sexual harassment, racism of any kind, drug use or alcohol abuse.
Nautilus is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Some of our staff have disabilities that may require accommodation on the part of new employees.
Our office is a dog friendly environment.
Please send resume and cover letter referencing the above job.
Thank you for applying.