All groups enjoyed several mantas, a school of about fifty hammerheads came out of the blue into The Canyon, and as usual the cleaning station did not disappoint with a parade of mantas, dolphins, juvenile silvertips and Galapagos all at once.2018-12-07Read More
I worked with giant manta identification to differentiate each individual, and thus evaluate their population. This helps to obtain important information including how many individuals are in the biosphere reserve, how many mantas are present every season and if there are new mantas every season. It also includes which islands attract more mantas, how many females and males are there, and how the mantas move between the islands.2018-07-23Read More
Our first 2 dives were at El Canyon. On the first one, our check-out dive, as soon as we got in the water, a group of five dolphins showed up and with them was the baby dolphin that we have been seeing on the last couple of trips. After the dolphins, we saw a couple hammerheads and three mantas that were swimming around us all the way to the safety stop.2018-07-11Read More
And there it was: a beautiful animal, a majestic MANTA, the first one in my life. My heart started beating fast, my breath was taken away, my eyes and mind hypnotized. The best experience of my life, I finally saw my dream in front of me, a moment I have taught about a thousand times, and it came true, I was not dreaming.2018-07-03Read More
- Guests Enjoy Giant Mantas and Greek Night!
- The End of Our Best Guadalupe Island Great White Shark Diving Season Ever!
- An Explosion of Marine Life at the Socorro Islands
- International Guests Weigh-In on Guadalupe, San Benitos and Socorro
- Guadalupe-Socorro Combo Trip Kicks off the Socorro Season
- Guests Say a Last Goodbye to the Guadalupe 2018 Season
- The MCSI Guadalupe Trip and Science Rock Stars