Hi All !! This trip was an amazing experience since the check-in dive at El Fondeadero, where big hammerheads were passing around the reef with lots of tropical fish at the last of the dive. Once at the safety stop, a bottlenose Dolphin comes to say hello. It was so curious and playful with every […]Read More
Dolphins and mantas galore !
- Post author By Nautilus Guests
- Post date 2019-02-21
- No Comments on Dolphins and mantas galore !
he last two days have been dolphins and mantas galore! In the last seven dives, we have been lucky enough to be joined by dolphins on four and mantas on four. Yesterday, we were joined by a group of nine dolphins on the first dive just after our group got into the water. They stayed and played for a little while, swimming in circles around us and coming within inches of us. After about 10 minutes they swam off, but we were not sad about the dolphins leaving for long as we were soon after joined by a manta.Read More
- Tags dolphins, el boiler, el canyon, galapagos, manta, San Benedicto, silkies, silvertips, whitetips
Schooling hammerheads at Punta Tosca, a Tiger shark at Roca O’Neal, 8 Giant Mantas in one dive at the Boiler and an awesome surprise at Roca Partida when a pod of about 60 False Killer Whales swam by the Explorer.Read More
- Tags baby whale, creole fish, dolphins, el canyon, false killer whales, galapagos sharks, Giant Mantas, hammerhead sharks, hammerheads, honeymoon, humpback whales, jacks, lunar eclipse, Mantas, Punta Tosca, Roca Partida, San Benedicto, schooling hammerheads, sharks, silky sharks, silvertip sharks, The Boiler, tiger sharks, tuna hunting, volcano, whale sharks, whale watching, whales, whitetip reef sharks, yellowfin tuna
The different species of sharks, and fish are in themselves diverse and abundant, but for me it was the giant mantas that won the show – and what a show they put on for us.Read More
A Glow-in-the-Dark Dolphin?
- Post author By Nautilus Crew
- Post date 2019-01-28
- No Comments on A Glow-in-the-Dark Dolphin?
Have you ever seen a dolphin that glows in the dark!? Well, a couple of nights ago we enjoyed the Lunar Eclipse on our way back from San Benedicto to Cabo San Lucas, and it was very special, no it was SPECTACULAR!Read More
El Canyon was incredible with the diversity including a school of hammerheads, a few juvenile silvertips, a couple of really big Galapagos sharks, some juvenile Dusky sharks, a few chevron mantas and 2 amazing tiger sharks.Read More
- Tags black mantas, cabo pearce, chevron mantas, cuevitas, dolphins, dusky sharks, el canyon, galapagos sharks, giant manta rays, Giant Mantas, hammerhead sharks, hammerheads, humpback whales, Mantas, mobula rays, Roca Partida, San Benedicto, schooling hammerheads, sharks, silky sharks, silvertip sharks, The Boiler, tiger sharks, tuna, Wahoo, whales, whitetip sharks
We saw mantas every day, we saw hammerhead sharks every day and we saw dolphins on 4 out of the 5 diving days!Read More